Last updated: October 2021
NORQAIN SINGAPORE, represented by C. Melchers GmbH & Co., Singapore Branch (hereinafter referred to as “NORQAIN SINGAPORE”) respects the privacy of the persons using this website (hereinafter referred to as “users”) and takes protecting personal data very seriously.
General information on the NORQAIN SINGAPORE website
Most areas of this website may be accessed without providing any personal information. However, accessing some areas, such as e.g. the NORQAINER club, and using certain services, such as e.g. online ordering or subscribing to our newsletter, is possible only by providing the user’s personal data. The user shall provide his/her personal data voluntarily in the fields intended for this, allowing NORQAIN SINGAPORE to render the services selected by the user.
Our website is hosted by DigitalOcean in Singapore
User data processed by NORQAIN SINGAPORE
Data is processed in compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act
NORQAIN SINGAPORE collects and processes the following data:
- Data voluntarily provided by the user by completing fields on this website (e.g. when making an order, subscribing to the newsletter or registering for the NORQAINER club).
- Supporting documents the user may provide to NORQAIN SINGAPORE to secure the transactions and for combating fraud if applicable.
- Data provided voluntarily to NORQAIN SINGAPORE by the user upon request for participation in promotions organised by NORQAIN SINGAPORE or as a participant in a survey for research purposes.
- Information on purchases made by the user via this website and on execution of the user’s orders.
- Details on the visits to this website, including, among others, traffic data, connection and address data such as e.g. IP address, host name of the computer, browser information and domain data of reference sites, web logs.
NORQAIN SINGAPORE expressly reserves the right to check the accuracy of the personal data provided by the user, including but not limited to contact data (name, postal address, e-mail address, phone), financial information, purchase of products and usage of NORQAIN SINGAPORE services.
Purpose of using the user data
NORQAIN SINGAPORE will use the collected data for the following purposes:
- To enable it to fulfil the obligations arising from contractual relationships with the customer (e.g. purchase of a product or repair order) and the services the user wishes to use (e.g. newsletter, NORQAINER club).
- To advise users of changes in services or the terms and conditions of NORQAIN SINGAPORE.
- To provide surveys (by NORQAIN SINGAPORE itself or third parties in its name) regarding satisfaction with the services and products of NORQAIN SINGAPORE and general experience with NORQAIN SINGAPORE.
- To secure transactions within the scope of processing and assessing the order and to prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
- To prevent abuse or non-compliant use of the services and maintain the security of this website.
- To ensure operation of the website.
- To understand how this website is used to design it in line with the user’s needs and in a user-friendly way and improve it in general, and for market research purposes.
Disclosure of user data to third parties
NORQAIN SINGAPORE may disclose the user’s personal data to third parties in the following cases:
- If NORQAIN SINGAPORE is legally obliged to disclose the customer’s personal data, for example to prosecute and uncover illegal activities
- or, if required, to enforce or apply the general terms and conditions or other agreements concluded with the user,
- or to protect the rights, property or safety of NORQAIN SINGAPORE, our customers or third parties.
- If, as a consequence of a fusion, purchase, merger or liquidation, part of or all of the assets of NORQAIN SINGAPORE are acquired by one or several third parties.
In each of the aforementioned cases, NORQAIN SINGAPORE may disclose the user’s personal data only to third parties which have pledged to NORQAIN SINGAPORE to comply with applicable data protection law.
Other than in the aforementioned cases, NORQAIN SINGAPORE shall not disclose personal data to third parties without the user’s consent.
However, NORQAIN SINGAPORE may transmit or sell data to marketing partners, advertising media or other third parties for research purposes in an anonymised form not allowing identification (e.g. in the form of studies, reports or statistics).
Storage and security of user data
The user data collected and processed by NORQAIN SINGAPORE are transferred to a place of destination in Singapore (server location) and are stored there.
All data provided to NORQAIN SINGAPORE by the user are stored on secure servers. Payment transactions are encrypted using the SSL technology. If the user is provided with a password by NORQAIN SINGAPORE (or has selected one) allowing the user to access certain parts of this website (e.g. NORQAINER CLUB), the user is responsible for keeping such password secret.
The safety of personal data is important to NORQAIN SINGAPORE. While NORQAIN SINGAPORE does its best to protect the user’s personal data, NORQAIN SINGAPORE may not guarantee the safety of the data transmitted to this website; any transmissions are made at the user’s risk. After NORQAIN SINGAPORE has received the user’s data, NORQAIN SINGAPORE shall use its best efforts to take all required measures to prevent unauthorised access to the user’s personal data if possible.
User rights regarding his/her data
The consent to processing of the user’s personal data may be cancelled at any time in writing.
The user is entitled to be informed about the personal data processed by NORQAIN SINGAPORE at any time in writing free of charge. He/she shall include a copy of his/her personal identification card or his/her passport in his/her request for information. .
Likewise, the user is entitled to demand rectification, freezing and erasure of his/her data, restrict processing of his/her personal data, exercise the right to data portability – if and insofar as the PDPA is applicable – and object to processing of his/her personal data within the scope of the legal provisions.
Persons for whom NORQAIN SINGAPORE processes personal data have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in charge of data protection in Singapore is the Personal Data Protection Commission Singapore
The user may use the following address to assert his/her rights and if he/she has any other questions:
NORQAIN SINGAPORE, 11, Bishan Street 21, #03-03A, Singapore · 573943
E-mail address: [email protected]
On the website, the user may subscribe to the NORQAIN SINGAPORE newsletter under “Newsletter subscription”. The user will need to provide his/her e-mail address in the provided field and click on the “reCAPTCHA” before confirming subscription to the newsletter by means of the “Sign UP” button. The user will then receive a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address provided.
The “reCAPTCHA” function ensures that the person registering is not a robot. This function is provided by Google Inc. For more detailed information, please refer to the following link.
Newsletters may contain graphics and/or web links recording individually if or when an individual newsletter is opened in an e-mail application and which web links were clicked. Such graphics and/or web links record the use of newsletters to ensure their quality and enable improvements of the newsletter. Unsubscribing from the newsletter is possible in any newsletter e-mail.
If the user no longer wishes to receive the NORQAIN SINGAPORE newsletter, he/she can click on the “unsubscribe” link contained in all NORQAIN SINGAPORE newsletters or send an e-mail to [email protected]
Cookies allow the user to e.g. effectively navigate between various sites, store preferences and improve the user experience in general. Cookies help to better align online advertisements with the user’s possible interests, thereby reducing the display of advertisements that may be of hardly any interest to the user or of no interest at all.
NORQAIN SINGAPORE uses the following cookies:
Mandatory cookies: These cookies are absolutely necessary for navigating this website and using its features, such as accessing the secured login area. Without these cookies, services, such as e.g. shopping carts, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These “analytical” cookies allow NORQAIN SINGAPORE to collect information about how visitors are using this website. This includes but is not limited to counting how many visits the website records, and they collect information about how visitors navigate this website. They record the visit of the user on this website, the pages visited by the user and the links he/she has clicked. However, these cookies do not collect any information on the user’s identity. All information is anonymous. The performance cookies only help NORQAIN SINGAPORE to improve this website’s functionality.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies store the user’s selected input (e.g. user name, language, font size, previous input, etc.) to improve the user experience with the website.
- Targeting-/advertising cookies: These cookies use anonymous information about the user’s browsing behaviour or the browsing behaviour documented by the browser and thus allow NORQAIN SINGAPORE to better align its advertisement with the user’s anticipated interests. These cookies are placed by NORQAIN SINGAPORE.
Most cookies used by NORQAIN SINGAPORE are temporary session cookies which are automatically erased from the computer or mobile end device at the end of the browser session. However, NORQAIN SINGAPORE also uses permanent cookies in addition. They continue to be stored on the computer or mobile end device after the end of the browser session. Depending on the type of cookie, these permanent cookies remain stored on the computer or mobile end device for a period from one month to ten years and are deactivated automatically only upon expiration of such programmed period.
When visiting the NORQAIN SINGAPORE website, certain information is automatically sent to the NORQAIN SINGAPORE log file server by the user’s browser; the information is then stored on this server. This information refers to the activities of the user on this website and include the time and date of the visit to the website, the accessed pages, the customer’s IP address, URL address of the website from which the customer has come to this website, how much information was stored and which browser the customer has used.
NORQAIN SINGAPORE will use this information if it has encountered difficulties in filling an order.
Elements of and links to other website
FURTHER DATA PROCESSING
For the uniform representation of fonts, this website uses “web fonts”, which are provided by Adobe. When accessing a website, the user’s browser will load the necessary web fonts into the browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, the browser the user uses must establish a connection to the Adobe servers. This causes Adobe to become aware that the NORQAIN SINGAPORE website had been accessed via the user’s IP address. Adobe web fonts are used to ensure a uniform and appealing presentation of the NORQAIN SINGAPORE website.
However, without the user’s consent, NORQAIN SINGAPORE will not use user data already stored for other purposes than those originally indicated or for purposes inconsistent with the original purposes.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
However, NORQAIN SINGAPORE is entitled to also file a suit against a user at his/her residence or domicile.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Address: 11, Bishan Street 21 #03-03A Singapore 573943