All taxes and duties included(excl. usa and ca)
Created together with Dean Schneider
In collaboration with NORQAINER and wildlife ambassador Dean Schneider, this 40mm timepiece has a fierce leopard-print design and an impactful link to Dean’s animal sanctuary Hakuna Mipaka Oasis. The Independence 40mm Hakuna Mipaka is a premium-quality mechanical watch created for the woman who thrives while forging her own path. A fitting launch for International Women’s Day on 8 March.
The animal-friendly rubber strap features an innovative design that has been made just for NORQAIN by our partner BIWI SA. The black strap is decorated with a leopard pattern, which has a soft velour-like feel. This texture has never before been achieved with rubber, marking another world premiere from BIWI and NORQAIN.
Supporting the Hakuna Mipaka Oasis
The Independence 40mm Hakuna Mipaka timepiece represents wildlife without harming wildlife because it is completely free from any animal products. Ten per cent of the earnings from sales of this watch will be donated to the Hakuna Mipaka Oasis, which is home to thousands of different wild animal species. The oasis also serves as a life-long home to a few rescued wild animals that were born in captivity.
Designed in collaboration with NORQAINER and wildlife ambassador Dean Schneider, this 40mm Independence immediately turns heads with its leopard-print pattern on the black dial. The skeletonised diamond-cut hour and minute hands – plated with rose gold – boldly link this model to the Independence collection. The shield-and-spear logo of the Hakuna Mipaka Oasis, which is supported by proceeds from the sale of this watch, is made of rose gold and placed at 6 o’clock on the dial. A black DLC coating covers the 40mm stainless steel case, giving it a dramatic and striking appearance. At the heart of this watch is the COSC-certified NORQAIN calibre NN08, which is visible through the sapphire glass caseback.
The black animal-friendly rubber strap stands out with a leopard-spot pattern that has a soft velour-like texture. This patented texture which consists of 0.6 mm rubber hairs is achieved by laser process. Ten percent of proceeds from the sale of the NORQAIN Independence 40mm Hakuna Mipaka is donated to the wildlife sanctuary in South Africa.
The Independence 40mm Hakuna Mipaka was launched in honour of International Women’s Day on 8 March, this black Independence timepiece for women features a fierce and feminine design.
- 316L stainless steel case body with DLC coating
- Diameter: 40mm
- Thickness: 12.05mm
- Width between lugs: 20mm
- Lug to lug: 46.30mm
- Water resistance: 100m
- Double anti-reflective, scratch-proof, flat sapphire glass on top
- Open case-back with scratch-proof flat sapphire glass
- Screw-down crown with NORQAIN logo
- Engraved 316L stainless steel DLC coated NORQAIN plate on the left side of the case
- NORQAIN calibre NN08 (SW200-1)
- Mechanical automatic movement
- Chronometer certified (COSC)
- 26 rubies
- Personalised NORQAIN oscillating weight
- 38 hours power reserve
- Balance frequency: 28’800 vibrations per hour (4Hz)
DIAL & HANDS
- Black dial with leopard pattern, rose gold NORQAIN and HAKUNA MIPAKA logos
- Diamond-cut skeleton indexes, rose gold plated, filled with white X1 Superluminova
- Date window at 3 o’clock
- Diamond-cut faceted hour and minute hands, rose gold plated, filled with white X1 Superluminova
- Diamond-cut flat Second Hand, rose gold plated, filled with white X1 Superluminova
- Integrated, velvet feel black rubber strap with leopard pattern and HAKUNA MIPAKA logo
- Stainless steel pin buckle with DLC coating